Lazareff Le Bars is happy to provide participating students with an opportunity to train for the Twenty Fourth Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, taking place in Vienna on 7-13 April 2017.
The Pre Moot is an excellent opportunity for teams to practice pleading in a format that replicates the one employed in Vienna before arbitral tribunals composed of leading practitioners, law professors, arbitrators, ICC counsel and in-house counsel who are all familiar with the case.
We are pleased to have more than 200 individuals participating this year, including 40 eminent practitioners (lawyers, in-house counsel, professors) who will be joining us as arbitrators.
For the first time since the creation of this event, Lazareff Le Bars will gather 20 prestigious universities from all over the world. This year, we are delighted to host the following teams:
- University of Liège
- University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II)
- University of Créteil (Paris XII)
- University of Lille
- University of Nanterre (Paris X)
- University Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I)
- University of Versailles
- Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
- Justus-Liebig University of Giessen
- University of Osnabrück
- Bocconi University (Milan)
From the Netherlands
- University of Maastricht
- University of Rotterdam
- University of Utrecht
- National Research University Higher School of Economics
- University of Basel
- University of Geneva
From United Kingdom
- London School of Economics
- University of Sheffield
This main event will take place at Lazareff Le Bars, 22 rue du Général Foy, 75008 Paris, and will consist of two rounds:
- the first round will take place on Friday, 3 March 2017, starting from 2 pm
- the second round on Saturday, 4 March 2017, starting from 9 am.
The firm will host a cocktail reception on Friday, 3 March 2017 from 6:30 pm for all the participating teams and arbitrators.